THE BEST vegetarian meal prep I have EVER made!
The KEY to making good tofu is to PRESS IT to remove excess moisture. This will ensure that it stays FIRM, browns well, and does not get soggy.
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
- 1 block extra firm tofu, cut into slices
- 7-8 large mushrooms, diced
- 1 7-oz can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon coriander-cumin powder (or 1/2 tablespoon each coriander and cumin)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (I used balsamic, you could also use apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tsp adobo pepper powder (optional)
- 1 tsp chipotle powder powder (optional)
- Olive oil spray
- Slice the tofu and PRESS the slices between paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Spray a pan with oil spray and sautée the garlic until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms have been softened.
- Blend the chipotle peppers in a blender / food processor so they become a paste
- Add the pepper paste inno the mushroom sauce, and mix thoroughly
- Add all the other spices and the vinegar (chipotle pepper, adobo pepper, and coriander-cumin powder)
- Crumble the tofu into the mixture, and cook for another 4-5 mins until the tofu is browned
DEVOUR!! I ate mine with quinoa for some healthy carbs and roasted cauliflower for some veggies!